• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where's the ice?!!!!

Just got back from Devils Lake, ND a couple days ago. Plenty of ice up that way. There was 2feet of it up there. That would be a long haul from Indiana though. I takes almost 7 hours from Minneapolis..

I hope to be going to (Contact Us Please) soon, i think it should take 10 hrs. from my town. i can make duluth in 10hrs. so it should be less to (Contact Us Please). Plenty of ice though, i have been to leech lake and drilled through 37 in. before, lots of ice. How did you do at devils lake,and where did you stay, supposed to be getting jumbos up there, any luck? Always wanted to get up there.

harvey lee how are you? have not talked to anyone yet but we usually get pretty good gills and crappie along with lots of pike. I will be taking my boys out thur. nite for crappie and gills before dark that will be first time for this year, should be good. I called the cranker and set a date up. I told him you talked him up somthin special. wink.gif He certainly takes care of things, i was happy with everything. we should get to the lake around 6-7 fri. morn.

frown.gifwell the first outing for me this year was a bust. My dad and I had 3 gills only, with dad hooking a nice pike on his gill rod for a few seconds and then broke off. To many pike in wawasee!!! weather was blizzard cond. at a few times today. did not get above 12deg. i beleive. 30mph. winds most of the day. going out tom. at sunrise to go jumbo fishing on the flatts, need sleep, went fishing all day. no walleye at lake of the woods in town ethier , very few caught today there. It is 1 deg. right now, hope are luck changes for tom. How about all the other IN. fishers? whats going on?

We did pretty good up on Devil's this year. The jumbo perch were biting pretty well along with the walleye. My buddy has an uncle that lives on the lake and we used to just stay in his perm. shack. Unfortunately he sold it in the off season. We ended up renting a sleeper from a guide service. We mostly fished out of our portables and tried to stay mobile to keep on the bite. My buddy's uncle and his friends tried hard to keep us on fish and they did a pretty good job. We did better this year compared to last out there.