• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Feedback on 2003 Chev Silverado 2500HD please

Fishing Junky

Question

Hey Guys. I know this is a little late, but I bought this truck about a month ago and would like some feedback on it. grin.gif Nows a fine time eh? Anyways, it is a 4x4, Ex-cab, longbox, w/6.0 liter motor. I bought it as a tower and hauler. I have a travel trailer that the gvw is 7000lbs. I don't think this will have much trouble towing the rig, but would like to know what others might be doing with this truck. I'm about ready to hook up the house and see if I can yank it off the basement foundation. grin.gifThanks for any insight. Junky.....

2 answers to this question

I have a 2003 reg cag 2500 hd that i use to pull a 30 ft gooseneck tralier loaded with bales at around 11,000lbs and it pullsit just fine the only thing it likes to do is really suck gas when you work them hard but anything you put behind them they pull good.

I've had a 2002 and a 2005 on the same platform and used them to drag my 7000lb work trailer all over the place and my 20 ft boat from St. Paul to Rainy Lk. a couple times a year. I can honestly say it pulls and handles them like a champ. It does get 11-12 / gal. @ 65-70mph when towing but it still pulls and handles great. HTB