• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Quantum Cabo PT

Blaineski

I am in the market for a new reel for the upcoming season, and was wondering if anybody was using the Quantum Cabo PT.

I use a Quantum PT spinning for walleye fishing and have had a very good experience with it. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I picked one up toward the end of this season. It's a nice little reel.

It's great for jigs, small bucks and spinners, small twitch baits, and even little gliders.

Dont try to use it with anything that offers alot of resistance though. It just isnt made to handle stuff like that.

Great reel for the money if you are looking for a low pro option.

Quote:

Luke-

What size did you get. If memory serves me right there are about 4 sizes for the baitcasters, funny thing is, that they all have the same line capacity(per the Quantum web site). Thanks.

I have the CBC30PTs...the bigger one. There are 2 models, but acutally only 2 sizes...2 for lefties and 2 for righties.

According to the Cabela's HSOforum the line capacities are different, but I do see on the Quantum HSOforum that they are listed the same. I would go with the 30. It is still a small reel, but a little bigger and better suited for muskies than the 20.