• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Millers Bay Okoboji

Hey guys I have fished the lake in the summer for about 3 years now, but i have never been out during winter. My cabin is in millers bay next to the canals. I was looking for some tips on where to start and if the bay is frozen enough. Just looking for panfish, perch, or walleye. Any information would be great thanks.

Here is a post that was put up yesterday, on walleye central, by Speedy.

"I took a drive around the area yesterday and in my opinion, I would stay off the ice everywhere, the rain early in the week really put a hurt on what ice we had.

West Okoboji for all practical purposes is wide open.There is some ice in Smith's Bay that looks suspect. Emerson Bay has ice out as far as the Luthern Camp point, Millers has none, north bay has some bad ice,Haywards Bay has ice floating in open spots the middle is wide open, Brown's Bay has ice but none that I would consider good.

Big Spirit had a some fishermen on Anglers Bay, the grade and Templar Park boat ramp bay. Anglers bay ice looked suspect, the grade and Templar Park are probably okay.

Be careful people a bucket of gills isn't worth the risk, in my opinion."....Speedy

My guess is that if there is sufficent ice, it will be in Emerson Bay. When I left on Friday, there was 4 inches of ice on Big Emerson, but it wasnt very good. There were bluegills to be had if you ventured out. Temps have been better since then, and the ice may have firmed up, but I wouldnt venture anywhere other than an area that has fisher men on the ice, and I wouldnt get too close to them, even.