• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OK, my next question, where is this place at? And what is this place? Is it a big lake, pond, slough? Just curious. I have only fished Thompson. By the way, any ice reports from Thompson? I need to go somewhere this week. There is no ice down here. I have vacation days to burn before the end of the year.

Lake: West Oakwood

County: Brookings

Size: 1200 Acres

Max. Depth: 10'

Avg. Depth: 6'

Species: Walleye, Yellow Perch, Northern Pike, and Black Bullhead

Lake: East Oakwood

County: Brookings

Size: 1000 Acres

Max. Depth: 9'

Avg. Depth: 5'

Species: Walleye, Yellow Perch, Northern Pike, and Black Bullhead

Take I-29 north to exit 140, go west for 6.5 miles which will take you to a 4-way stop sign. Keep heading west until you start going around east oakwood. Not sure of the miles but would guess 4 to 5 miles. Keep going around east oakwood until you see the state park entrance sign. Turn into the state park and head back north. You can see both east and west driving into the park. West oakwood was pretty hot for walleye's this last fall and they have been doing some what well since hardwater. Not sure about east, I don't fish it much.

boxcar46

Oakwood was good first ice for walleyes. The bite has slowed quite a bit. A week ago on Friday Dec. 15 there was about 50 people south of the boat landing on west oakwood. We were fishing in 5 1/2 feet of water. I'm sure with all the noise the that turned the fish off some. We managed 2 walleye in the 17 inch range.