• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The raven/wolf cleanup crew

Where there are wolves, there are ravens. When I was out today I saw lots of ravens and one wolf, but couldn't get images of the wolf, darn it.

But that got me thinking wolflike, ravenlike and snowlike thoughts. These are from a wolf shoot earlier this year. I've only posted one of them before, and I went back in and looked everything over. Seemed like, given the day, a series is in order.

First, of course, a wolf examines a kill after others have left. Then it eats, and a raven is there already. Next, the inevitable. And, finally, the cleanup crew.

All with the Canon 1D Mk2n, Canon 400 f2.8L non IS, Canon 1.4 TC, iso200, f5.6, various shutter speeds, monster Gitzo tripod and studioball head.

coming-in.jpg

raven-wolf-carcass-1.jpg

stinky.jpg

poop.jpg

Close, bubba. It's a raven, and yes, it's eating what it looks like it's eating. Something about wolves and ravens hanging together. There was a good portion of that deer carcass left when the wolf walked away, but insted of flying over to the fresh meat, the ravens flew over to the fresh, ah, other stuff. There's just no telling. grin.gif

The dookie picture needs a "Far Side" caption like ...

(bubble above the ravens)

Quote:

I can't believe Harold flew over there to get a better look - that's just embarassing! When he gets back, let's all just fly away and ditch him, ok?