• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do you store all your digital photos?

Before, with my older 3 meg camera, I wasnt too worried about it. The average picture was prolly 300K or so. Now, all my photo's are over 3 meg and it's starting to eat disk space. Every so often, I burn them to CD, as a back up... But I'd also hate to delete them off the HD.

I have a 280Gb supplemental hard drive, about 2/3 full after more than 2 years of shooting. It's hooked up to the main computer using a firewire connection.

When I come home from a shoot, I download all the images to my desktop, sort them, categorized the by date and species and toss the ones I don't like. So I'm left with a number of folders with names like "12-17-06 black-capped chickadee." I move these over onto my 280GB, then burn them on CDs, which I keep in my office. Then I burn them onto a second set of CDs, which I keep off my property in case a fire destroys my home.

Then I delete the originals off my desktop, saving main CPU hard drive space, and only when all that's done to I erase adn reformat my memory card.

When I want to pp images, I pull them off the 280GB. If for some reason one is corrupted, I break out the CD.