• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which state is best for non resident elk hunting?

I know this is the Montana section on the forum, but I did nto see a Wyoming or Idaho section so.....

Which state is the best for easy access, cheapest license, and in general best chances of shooting an elk?

Is either state better for the bowhunting vs rifle?

Also, can you still walk up and purchase an ELK tag in Wyoming without a lottery process?

I don't know about Wyoming or Idaho , but Montana has a drawing for all of Nonresident hunting. The cost this year for Big Game (Elk/Deer license was $643. which included fishing, and hunting Upland birds. Deer Combination was $343 whinch included fishing and Upland bird hunting. Applications have to be in by March 15th. Over half of the state is forest service, BLM or state land, so there is no shortage of area to hunt. The west half of the state is the easiest to get into. CAJ

You get bonus points for each year you apply. If I read the papers right, at least 10% of the license are for nonresidents. They encourage you to aplly on line. If you make a mistake on your application, it will reject it, and you just start over. That way you don't have to wait 2 weeks for them to mail it back and tell you that you have to reapply. CAJ