• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey guy's, Just wanted to report a west river hunt. My friend Brett and I had a wonderful time in some incredible country. He shot his first mule deer and made a wonderful shot. He alway's wanted to spot and stalk one and he finally had his chance. Not the biggest, but definetly one of his best hunting memories!! I tagged a decent whitetail. WE were very happy. Happy holiday's and best to all in the best state there is!!! SB

DavidandBrettSD06DeerHuntWRiver015.jpg

DavidandBrettSD06DeerHuntWRiver004.jpg

Thanks Tyler, I've been dreaming for years to do that west river hunt. It really is great when your dreams do come true. Another dream is coming a reality very quickly. I just ended up buying a house in Bowdle and will more than likely move the family out there in a couple years or less. Can't wait to become a resident!!, SB

Wow, nice deer fellas!

Just to warn you...if you move to SD, you will never want to go back wink.gif In Bowdle, you'll have the Missouri River less than 1 hr from your door step, awesome deer hunting, coyotes, waterfowl, and more pheasants than you'll know what to do with.

If you don't mind me asking, what endeaver are you persuing in Bowdle?

Good Luck!

I've been going out there ever since I can remember. My father has purchased a couple of properties out there and I wanted to get my foot in the door. Not exactly sure what I'll be doing, but I know the wife will have a job!!! Then its up to me to put food on the table. Honey, do you want fish or pheasant for dinner, if you know what I mean? Take care to all..SB

Looks like the Cheyene from your pix. I probably know the man who's land your on. I've always loved the river breaks. Our land runs from hwy 34 right to the edge of where the breaks begin for the Cheyene-Belle Fourche river fork (aka 2 rivers).

Thanks seaguar, It's been a while since we chatted. How's it going out your way. My fishing has really been suffering. We are finishing up a new house and I'm trying to do most of the work myself so not a lot of extra time to fish. I can't seem to get one over 13.5 " this year. The drought might be cutting into their groceries as well. Be safe.

Just a question not pertaining to the subject really, but I have a uncle that owns a couple thousand acres bordering the Custer State Park, and wanted to do a bowhunt only and was wondering how or even if I could send in for a license in that area. I am from minnesota, so it would have to be out of state. Any info would be apprecciated.

Bowhunting the Black Hills is an over the counter/internet tag, no drawing. Depending on how many trips you make and what other access you have will determine which tag you want. The state offers, west river and east river tags(you can buy both) or one tag good for the state. I have hunted that area of the Black Hills four times and I am amazed at the number of bucks in the 110"-140" range. It is my favorite place to hunt whitetails. Good Luck.

Very easy to get a tag. Over the counter tags are available to anyone including non residents. Great thing about the tags is that its either or for any kind of deer, mule deer buck or doe and whitetail buck or doe.. You should have a fantastic area there to hunt!!