• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Outdoor pics

Thanks for the replies. Obviously I am new to trying to take better quality photo's. As I look at the first one I notice maybe it's enhanced too much.

Could you give me tips as to how to take photo's without having to enhance them so much. I am currently using the Panasonic DMC FX-01 (compact camera). There are so many different features on this camera that I am not used to using that I get confused. I am reading the manual as well as online photo tips.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mugs

Mugs, many digitals allow you to set parameters for sharpness, contrast, color saturation and jpeg compression rate in the camera. I set mine at the lowest level for each. That's because I'd rather have control of what I do to them in post processing than leaving that to the camera, which might do things I don't want.

If you don't do post processing like sharpening, adding contrast, saturation and other things before you use your images, you're probably better off letting the camera do those things. That being said, I don't know what your specific camera allows for in-camera processing. The owner's manual will tell you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "over processed." Your images don't look oversharpened, oversaturated or blown out from contrast to me. confused.gif