• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Engine Heater for 2001 Cat, 500

PT73

Bought the kit from a local dealer, the instructions are pathetic, can someone give me advice on this install?. It says to have the electrical connection facing right, all hoses are on the left(as you are seated). The diagram of the hoses do not match the machine, which hose should it be installed on?. Finally, should the right fender be loosened to allow access for this install?.

Thanks

Is it a manual or auto? I have a 2001 500 manual and have installed engine heater on it. I'll look at it later today and see how I installed it. Its been a few years ago. I use this machine alot in the winter thats why I installed it. Works great on those -15 degree mornings.

Mine is a manual and the hose is on the right as you sit on it. I just cut a section out of it just up from the engine and installed it there. Sounds like the hoses are routed different on the auto. My 500 is a very good cold starter, they are set a little on the rich side so start pretty good in the cold. I use my 500 more than my newer 650 for ice fishing for that reason.