• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

6800 Towing Ideas

Proctor Pete

Hello, I'm looking for some ideas on how to tow my portable fish house out. It's a 6 by 8 suitcase style (the blue one)and of course all the other gear as well. I have a Ski-Doo Grand Touring or Formula DLX to do the job of pulling it out there. I haven't been able to find any tubs large enough to fit the fish house. Thank you for any ideas you may have. I should also add that I'm a new sled owner as well so all of this type of info is new to me. Thanks again...Pete

Pete, I have just what you are looking for and if your interested you can have it, free! its basicly a 26"x84" plastic bottom sled with a 26x55"x20"high box w/lid that will hold all your gear, eye bolts on the sides for holding your shack ontop of it all, and a good steel hitch.

this has gone many a mile on LOW and still wants to tag along. I dont need it now since ive sold my 2 suitcase styles and bought an otter resort and the wife says its got to go to make some more room in the garage. near DL [email protected]

I would suggest an Otter style tub that you set the house on top of. You wouldn't need the house to fit inside the tub. You can then put your auger, propane tank, heater, buckets, scoopers, etc. inside the tub. Just bolt a few eye bolts into the sides of the Otter tub and use some ratchet straps to secure your suitcase house down.

Yep, I have had a few suitcase houses and that is exactly how I hauled them around! I have a large Otter sled and I put all the gear inside the sled and strapped the house on top. I used a 2 ratchet straps, drilled holes into the outside lip of the sled, put the hooks thru the holes and tightened the strap. Worked fantastic for years...

I should add that I would highly recommend a cover over the sled or everything will get covered in snow..