• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I broke my new camera, now what?

Hey guys, I need a little advice here. I just got a new digital camera about a month ago. It's a kodak easy share, I forgot the model but it cost about 300$. I took it with me fishing on the brule the other day and when i took it out to take a picture of a fish i just caught i noticed the screen was cracked and all i saw was white along with a spider web. I don't know if it got too cold or if i bumped it but i don't think this is covered by the warranty. confused.gif Can I take my camera to a shop and have it fixed or am I out of my 300$?

Kent:

Don't assume a warranty won't cover it. Cameras are made to take a bit of rough treatment, and Kodak is well advised to cover it.

I don't know that you'd be able to get it repaired. It's possible, but most times, a $300 camera is more easily replaced than given that kind of repair.

But contact Kodak for info on how to return it on warranty, and don't offer them details that will make it easier for them to say no. Let THEM be the ones to tell you it's not covered. And if they say it's not, then tell them you're going to scream bloody murder to all your fishing and hunting friends, all 15,227 of which have point and shoot digitals, that Kodak won't stand behind their equipment. The P&S digital market is like company cats clawing at each other the competition is so fierce.

I learned that from Mrs. Catfish, who won't relinquish one penny from a manufacturer until she's run out of fight. And, uh, I haven't seen her run out of fight yet, and we just celebrated our 10th anniversary. grin.gif

Two years ago my Kodak camera was broken. I was out of warranty but I called them up anyway. They told me of the local service center that charged a flat $100 fee to fix it. Sorry I don't have the number or name anymore but it did get fixed. (Mine was dropped or crushed when loaned out) Might be worth a call to Kodak.

Gus