• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Post Rut & after gun season stand locations

Swill

So the gun season will be wrapping up soon and the rut will slowing down. Any tips as to the best post rut, after gun season stand locations? Or how about early december stand locations?

Just wondering if I should switch it up a little bit....

After the breeding period I would look for any available food source they may frequent. The shorter the travel route for them the better as the bucks will be tired and exhausted from chasing the doe around fvor the last couple weeks. They need to replenish energy from the rut and bulk up for the winter.

Also when colder weather is upon us, I mean real cold like into single digits and lower, deer will need to eat even more, so coming out early is the norm, and often times, late mornings can be better than early as the deer tend to wait until the sun warms up the air a tad before rising form the beds. Also stand locations near heavy bedding cover such as cedar thickets and cattails and between feeding areas can be gold this time of year as well.