• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can I move a tree this time of the year ?

Valv

I have a good sized (approx 15ft tall) pine that is sitting 1/2 way ripped off ground for past 5 years, amazingly tree is still alive. Since area is very wet, I cannot drive there with loader during spring time or I will sink immediately.

Can I transplant it and hope it will take-off now or is it a waste of time ? This time of year is perfect, it's dry and hard, I can drive on the spot.

From what I've always been told, you really need to keep soaking pines especially (but really all new trees) right up until the ground freezes for good. Some say its the most important time to soak them...

I've been moving spruce and pines all week. We wait until they are move and then we dish and water them. Then we put wood chips around the base and just outside the dish ring. And like lawdog states, dump the water on them till it freezes.

boxcar46