• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Lens do I need for my digital camera???

John, I'm not familiar with that camera model. Do you have a Canon camera dealer in town? Fargo's big enough there'll likely be a couple stores devoted to cameras, and Canon likely will take up a fair amount of their inventory. I'd check at those places, unless someone else on the board here has experience with that camera and what lenses it might take.

A telephoto lens is simply one that magnifies with you see. Practically speaking, the more power (whether listed as 4x, 5x or in a millimeter rating like 400mm) the harder it is to hold the camera steady enough to capture sharp images.

Here is what you can put on your camera and if you want to buy the lens converter it is a model number TC-DC52A and it is $89.95 at B & H camera. This is the price for a 1.75 telephoto lens adapter.Telephoto will make objects appear closer then what they are.What I found below was from Amazon.

A 4x optical zoom lens (35mm equivalent: 35 to 140mm) delivers crisp, bright results that make the very most of the camera's 6.0-megapixel resolution.

The camera also has optional wide (0.7x) and telephoto (1.75x) converter lenses to extend the focal length range, for an effective 10x optical zoom. It is also compatible with optional close-up lenses for detailed macro photography. (Wide, telephoto, and close-up lenses are optional accessories and are not included; they must be purchased separately.)