• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Office

Reynolds

Do any of you out there watch the The Office? One of the funniest televisions shows I have ever seen. I now own the first and second seasons and I find hard to watch anything else right now. I have watched a few episodes with my dad, and it seems that he is constantly having to rewind because his boisterous laugh has blocked out another hilarious line. grin.gif

Once you have watched all the seasons you should check out the original Office. It was written by Ricky Gervais and aired on the BBC. There are two seasons and a two hour special. They come as a set. Gotta be honest, the U.S. version is funny but pales in comparison to the U.K. version (the original I'll add once again). Problem is, some of the episodes you will feel like you have seen before because the U.S. version rehashed some of the episodes. Not passing judgement, just informing. Honestly. wink.gif

Wow, my wife and I must be in the minority on this show....we absolutly can't stand it. It's just tooooo dry or something for us. Just don't see the humor there. But, she has co-workers who love the show too. Just not our cup of tea. smirk.gif

Anyone whose ever worked in corporate America has to find SOME humor in The Office. It's the only show my wife & I make sure we watch - we drop what we're doing to catch it every week. Steve Carell is abosultely hilarious and perfectly embodies the stupidity of so many mid-managers in this country. We rented Season 1 a couple weeks ago and cried from laughing so hard.

Dwight is a stud, but Jim is my hero. cool.gif

Okay, who put my stapler in Jello? grin.gif

I'd have to say my favorite episode thus far has been the one where Michael burns his foot on his George Foreman grill while getting out of bed. The last scene where Michael is trying to stick his foot in the CAT scan while Dwight was having his head examined about made me flip the chair over backwards because I was laughing so hard.

laugh.gif

My wife and I absolutely love the show. If you have missed episodes, you may miss out on some of the minor/subtle comedic bits. This show keeps you on your toes. Shows like Friends, where you can see the punch line before the joke turn me off. The show is brilliant.

It is amazing when someone has an actual creative idea unlike the numerous other shows that have beaten to death. How many more times must we be subjected to good cops gone bad, drug dealers, gun fights, lawyers, emergency room doctors, police chases, forensice experts....or a mixture of any three of the above.

Agreed. Are we sure this isn't actually a reality show? This stuff can't be made up - it's better than fiction! Years on the front lines (ie, in the office) have resulted in many incidents just like the show is built on.

Hanson - yes, Jim put someone's calculator in Jello, Michael's "Best Boss" coffee mug in Jello, and a stapler as well. He must own stock in Kraft Foods. grin.gif

Quote:

I'd have to say my favorite episode thus far has been the one where Michael burns his foot on his George Foreman grill while getting out of bed. The last scene where Michael is trying to stick his foot in the CAT scan while Dwight was having his head examined about made me flip the chair over backwards because I was laughing so hard.

laugh.gif

That was a great episode. My favorite part was at the beginning when Dwight raced to the hospital to save Michael and he runs right into the utility pole, and then throws up all over his Trans Am. laugh.gif

Extended length episode tonight! Lookin' forward to it.

Quote:

Warning! At 8am today, someone poisons the coffee. Do NOT drink the coffee. More instructions will follow.

Cordially,

Future Dwight

Still laughing about that one. grin.gif

As a side note: I checked out the forums on NBC's "The Office" HSOforum and it's a bit scary how people get so emotionally wrapped up in this show, especially the Jim + Pam (aka, JAM) versus Jim + Karen (aka, JAREN) controversy. I love the show, but man - some people need to get a life. Maybe they need some fishing rods. smile.gif