• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rut!!

David Frank

It's on boys!! Hunted this morning and saw 15 deer. 3 of which were bucks, and 2 of those were shooters for sure. The smallest was a basket rack 4x4. He was with a larger buck, couldn't tell exactly how big, but a shooter. They were both chasing the same doe pretty seriously, 2 yards from my stand at the closest, but the big guy didn't stop close enough for a shot. Could have shot the small one at about 3 yards! The other buck was the largest of the group was about 400 yards from my stand with a group of does. He didn't appear to be doing any chasing, but he was doing a little sniffing around.

Nope. This was a completely different area. The stand where I got the pics of the big one is set up for a NW wind only. This is the predominant wind in the fall around here, but I can only hunt it in the evenings as well. The deer come thru here on their way out to feed in the evenings and are usually back thru by the time legal shooting hours come around in the AM. Too risky to walk in and bump deer in the mornings.