• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upland vests for you buddies?

311Hemi

Anyone use vests on thier dogs for pheasant hunting?

Being fairly new to pheasant hunting for both me and my dog I am trying to figure out what he needs, if anything. Heading to SW ND this weekend and want to make sure I have what I will need.

Also not sure if I should get dog boots or if I would need them, I did buy some tough pad spray last night, but not sure if I will need it.

GET A VEST!! i went pheasant hunting on saturday all day and it saved my dog's belly. the only thing that got raw was her nose and around her eyes. it is night and day. the on think that i always bring along is a first aid kit for my dog just in case and a leatherman. go a head and start putting that tough pad spray on cause it will help. and if you don't think you will need something just bring it just in case, cause you will be mad at your self if you left it at home. good luck in north dakota.

We hunted Saturday's opener and the dog vest came in handy. Make sure it is the right size and you put it on correctly and tight. It was a little loose at first and it started to rub and chafe the dog. Also, vasaline for their noses, since it is mightly dry out there and their noses are in everything

i second the vasaline and also bring some neosporan for when you get done hunting put it on the raw spots. and if your dog does lick it don't worry it won't hurt them as long as it is small amounts.