• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I wish I could have captured how cool this really looked...

The corn was blowing to the side, the sun mixed with the clouds made for a really amazing view. Anways, here's a pic I snapped. Any tips on capturing better pics would be appreciated.

BackYardsm.jpg

Taken with a Canon Digital Rebel and 18-55mm lense at 3456 x2304, photo reduced to 800x533 with PaintShopPro.

If I may offer a few tips, you could have walked out beyond the play set and to edge of the corn and used about 2/3rd's sky and 1/3rd ground I think you would have had a real winner. The rule of thirds is a good one to follow in many instances. Emphasizing the sky probably would have given you the best shot, but make sure you take one with emphasis on the ground also. You mentioned the corn was really blowing, that would have made an interesting look with that sky. Sometimes you surprise yourself with the results.

Thanks for sharing that photo and keep putting up more for us to enjoy.

Dan

Kylersk:

You can elevate yourself by bringing a six-foot step ladder out into the field, climbing up and then framing the image as Dbl suggested. You'd get about the same elevation. I use ladders a lot that way. Standing in the bed of the pickup can work sometimes, too. It's amazing what a difference in viewpoint a couple feet of height can make.