• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Dog Trick pics...

Rost

I never felt the need to take my dog field hunting while using a laydown blind. But, after feeling guilty the last few weeks for leaving her home I might give this a try..

Last summer I taught Marli a new trick. She caught on fairly quick to simply loading and staying. But it took some time for her to be comfortable with me in with her and the doors closed. Now, we both could take a nap in there grin.gif We've spent countless nights out in the garage training her to "load up" with me and stay there. Now, I can give her the "load up" command and she'll lay in the blind with me for hours. I think I am ready to take her out and try it!

100_0044.jpg

100_0046.jpg

100_0045.jpg

It always amazes me how fast they learn new things.

One thing I would do before committing the work of a full field setup to trying this out for the first time iseeing how she handles you throwing open the doors and shooting with her right underneith you. Hopefully she won't try to get out while you're still taking shots.

Good point PS,

I plan to tie a short leash to the frame near the back of my SUB. This way she'll stay put. I can practice for years in my garage, but things always seem to change out in the field.

I can't see the last two pics, do you have her down by your feet or behind your back? I bring out a field blind for "Frank" right now, but it would be nice just to have him share the blind with me.(Especially when it is 10 degrees outside grin.gif)

Looks good, my dog will go into the bottom area, but I have never hunted like that. It just makes me too nervous about his hearing and even worse if he would break at the wrong time.

If I had him in your position, I think I would be getting "kisses" all day though. My wife thought it would be a great trick to teach out 7 week old pup to give kisses. Not such a great trick now that he is 14 months!