• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please exercise extreme caution!!!

Catmendo

This post is not about preaching to those who own and operate ATV's, it's simply about encouraging everyone to "always" remain extremely alert when operating your machine!

I have always considered myself as an intelligent operator and have always given my equiptment the benefit of the doubt. Last Monday while operating my Polaris 700 I had an accident that was life threatening. Although I was exercising caution at the time, I ended up rolling the quad and unfortunately I had no time to react! I ended up being pinned with the full weight on top of me! To make a long story short and by the grace of God, I managed to squirm my way out of harms way! The wife drove me to the hospital where they took X-rays of my chest, (no broken ribs) and then I underwent ultra-sound to check for bleeding. Thankfully, no serious damage.

Once again this post is not about preaching to others who operate ATV's, it's only an attempt to encourage those to ride with caution and always be alert!

Being pinned under 700 lbs. which in turn deprives the body of oxygen "IS NOT A LOT OF FUN"!

RIDE SMART!

Stu,

Thanks for the safety reminder, especially this time of year when more people are riding while out hunting. Loading and unloading from a truck or trailer contributes to more accidents than most know about. I'm glad to hear you're okay, too.

Thanks for the reminders.. including the loading/unloading reminder.

I took a shot from my windshield to my throat a couple years back while backing it off the trailer... forgot to pull the tilt pin. It sounds stup!d, probably was, but I am glad the shield is flexible... it still choked me up for a while and it hurt.

I am glad you guys are okay!

I know how it goes with the tilt pin, been there. frown.gif

I borrowed a buddies wheeler and it did not have any breaks, this is usually not a problem, well, the throttle stuck while loading it on the trailer. I went up the trailer, on the trailer, went off the front of the trailer into the bumper of the truck (I was lucky not to have the tailgate down). I do not know what was worse going over the front, or, knowing I could do nothing to prevent what was about to happen. tongue.gif