• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1988 yamaha blaster problem

ratmn218

2 stroke , on the trail just wouldnt run, other than idle. seen oil coming from left side cover ,coil side ,took off cover and oil just drained out, ,seal was shot .so replaced it. put all back together, figured it was fixed. still will virtually still only idle. no power to pull itself. im at loss of ideas. seems it would sit and idle for hours, but as soon as you try to give it gas it wants to die.help please, im pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out

Is the choke stuck open? Is the silencer/spark arrester clogged? What shape is the spark plug in? Is the air filter dirty? I would clean the air filter, put a new spark plug in it and make sure the spark plug cap is on tight. Then kick it over with the choke on and NO throttle. If it fires and runs, slowly give it throttle until it will idle on it's own. Then turn the choke off and see if it rev's up and idles normally. If that doesn't work, go buy a Honda.

not an expert on 2 strokes, but when i try to give it gas it wants to die, and i also notice blowback into the airbox when i try to give it gas, normally when accelerating i should notice more vacum and not blowback? wish i knew more about reed valves, now im thinking my problem might be there?

Try a new plug as well, a fowled plug will not let the motor rev up.

You could have scorched the cylinder and rings, that will also cause some blow by and lack of power.

Benny