• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportsman CV Boot

JEV

Anyone here ever replaced a front CV boot on a Sportsman?

I have an '02 500HO Sportsman and I must have torn the boot somewhere along the way. I picked up a factory replacement boot kit and tried to install it this weekend. Everything seemed to go pretty well till I came to tighten the bigger clamp around the boot. To me, there seems like there is no way that clamp is going to close all the way. The smaller clamp went together without much fuss, but I feel the larger clamp will end up breaking before its closed all the way. Anyone else run into a problem like this???

JEV

sometimes all you need is a 2nd pair of hands and some patience. This has to be one of the most frustrating things to fix. I have had some just pop right on first time, others have taken forever and lots of cussing. I then went to an auto store and bought one of those cv-boot clamp puller tools and it helped alot. Good luck

I've looked at it several times now and I really don't think that clamp is going on without breaking. I may have to break down and get the actual pliers used to install them. I've not going to hold my breath though....

JV