• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sharp-shinned Hawks (pics)

mcary

Nice.... I'll be up in Duluth on the 29th and 30th with the family... we'll be taking in some up the nice scenery in your neck of the woods ie... Split Rock, Temperance and a few other spots... any good reccomendations.

Split Rock offers a lot of popular photographic opportunities. If you're into hiking and don't mind putting in some effort, I tend to like Tettegouche State Park. If your feeling adventurous I would also suggest heading up the Superior Hiking Trail and doing the chunk up to Section 13 which is about a 1.25 mile hike in to a large overlook that should have a lot of nice color right now. The trailhead is just up County Road 1 on the right hand side of the road. Cty Rd 1 can is just past Tettegouche State Park on Hwy 61.

Don't forget about Gooseberry Falls SP. A little crowded, but the walk is short and the scenery is still great. We were there this past weekend and the trees are just starting to turn...this weekend should be primo. Tettagouche is worth driving into and parking by the bridge over the Baptism River...the view down to the mouth is great and provides some nice photo ops. You need a State Park sticker for Tettagouche but not for Gooseberry.

Yup, as I recall, it was just under a hour taking "scenic" 61, and starting from N. Duluth.

Anybody know of any dog-freindly resorts that may not be booked on the North Shore?? Already iching to get up there again. You might want to throw some spoons (Krockodiles, Castmasters) out by the river mouths...I had a nice one on (he shook off), and saw another guy have the line stripped off his reel. Apparently it is a little early for the salmonids to run, but some have started staging. Remember your trout stamp though. cool.gif

those hawk shots are really something!..great work mcary!...............this saturday,my wife and I will be going cross country from Hibbing to the tettegouche(hopefully it won't be pouring out)....hopefully the fall colors will be at or near the peak....maybe even see a moose tongue.gifjonny