• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Camera..

I'm no expert on cameras yet. Just reading from the lenses. It came with a 28-80mm lens. The zoom is a Quantaray 70-300mm.

Just want better quality pics and a camera that had alot more options. Vikes/Twins games, fishing hunting. I want to start some wildlife photography too. Back yard and out in the woods. Just experimenting to see what I can get.

Wife wanted the Canon EOS Rebel. But when we actually looked at it, the body of the camera is pretty small. I felt like I was going to drop it all the time.

Besides, we liked the Nikon and it was $200 bucks less. That's a good thing, no matter how you look at it! grin.gif

Yeti,

Sorry for the delay in responding.I bought a D50 a couple of months back.I really like the camera.It's easy to use and well laid out.It came with the Nikon 18-55 and 70-300mm lenses.The 18-55 is a pretty good little lens,but it's best to keep the bigger zoom under 300mm and keep it around F7.1 or F8 if you can.Good luck with the new camera.Living in Richfield,maybe you can get a shot of the Perigrine falcons on the Grammercy building by Wood lake nature center.

Ditto what Headin' North said. I bought the D50 with the 18-55 and 70-300 Nikkor back in Feb. I absolutely love the quality of the shots I get with it, but I confess I still need to read the manual and learn all the cool features I haven't figured out yet.

Here's one shot of my son (& prize found in the swimming area) from our vacation last month:

DSC_0030.sized.jpg