• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Online photography course?

Does anyone know of a good online photography course for either digital or film? I have a Canon digital, but have never been taught how to use aperature, etc. In our area (SW MN), there are no classes available.

The other option would be a good book that explains everything.

Thanks for your help!

Hi fishinchicks. Sorry I can't help you with specific advice on the right guide. You shouldn't need to pay for an online course. A google search for how-to photography guides yields many commercial sites selling books on basic to advanced photography. I learned that so long ago that any books I had wouldn't still be in print. Guess I'm getting old.

There should be any number of Web sites for photography with info on the interlocking nature of aperature, shutter speed, iso, depth of focus and all the good basics. Those that I found in my own Google search, however, were commercial sites, so I won't post those links here.

Nowadays, you can find darn near everything you need online, and for free! grin.gif

I will add that BetterPhoto has a full list of online courses for various skill levels, and their forums may help you answer enough questions so you don't have to pay for the courses. They look like good courses to me. I'm sure you can add the dot and the c0m to get to their site. grin.gif