• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kabetogama scenery pics. (bear with me here)

Get it, bear with me! Ha ha...okay not that funny.

kaba1.jpg

wouldnt you know, first fish of the day and lens fogs up on the best picture.

kaba6.jpg

warm water, air temp in the 30s

kaba14.jpg

sunset...i gotta figure out how to take better night pics (or maybe I could read my operator manual for the camera)

kaba15.jpg

sunset

kab10.jpg

I'm pretty sketchy with pic skills to say the least, but it could be worse. Constructive criticism or outright bashing welcome in all forms. Cheers.

Good looking set of pictures. If I may offer some guidance, you may want to consider using the "rule of thirds" for the scenery pictures. It adds more interest if you break up your photo into thirds and try to either have 2/3's sky or foreground. That is easily fixed with some cropping if you want. Great looking scenery for sure and you look like you had a great time catching Pike. Thanks for sharing your shots.

Quote:

nice pics john! were you targeting the northerns or were you after walleyes? looks like you were using walleye gear by the stuff in the pics... they are even more of a challenge when you hook em on light tackle!!!

Going after northerns. Much more fun than pulling in the black and gold logs. 30 lb test fireline on the spinning rods. Was using "secret" lures that are too small to cast with the muskie/pike rods. Guess the pike fishing gets better and better until ice....Might have to keep the shotguns put away for a while.