• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have done a ton of it as I grew up about 15 miles south of there, Flat heads, and channels. I just moved up here last Jan.

Not sure what you want for details. locations or rigging. Gotta boat? There are a LOT of variables. Simply put, a couple good stout rods (you can use two rods in the river even with a Mn license) some 2 oz slip sinkers and some #2 hooks for cut bait and #6 trebles for stink bait. Find a deep hole off of the main channel with a slower current flow and anchor up stream so you can get the bait into the hole on the up stream side of the drop off where the hole begins. You want the bait to be at the bottom of the hole but just at the bottom of the drop off. I'd try one rod with stink bait and one with cut bait. big shiners would work for this too. Then once you start getting fish you can switch to two larger cut baits for the bigger boys.