• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ham Recipes?

Fruit and pork were meant to go together. I am not much on ham/pork myself, although I have served it many times to the delight of my guests.

What goes nice on many pork dishes are fruit glazes, try mixing up some crushed pineapple, sugar, vinegar, puree in blender, simmer and add 1-2 T dissolved corn starch in 1/4 cup water or stock to make a type of sweet and sour glaze, another is do the same with apricot preserves. Another idea is to serve traditional roasted ham slice topped/sided with pear sauce, just like apple sauce instead use 6-8 large ripe pears, simmer in 1 cup of apple juice until soft, run through a food mill to remove seeds, and skin, or peel and seed first. A cranberry sauce/relish or salsa would be another great way to serve it, finely chop one apple, 2 cups fresh/frozen cranberries, 1 small can mandarin oranges, and 1 cup golden raisins, 1 cup orange juice, puree to make sauce(cook to a simmer for one minute), leave chopped to make relish, and simmer lightly in a half cup of orange juice for a few minutes to make salsa, have fun!

Hey thanks! I didn't get on here until I had cooked my dinner. But I did throw together a glaze much like what you mentioned. Then I found a raspberry sauce for pork roast. I made that to go with the ham and it was awesome! I am going to print these out and try them next time.

------------------
Phyl