• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cut on back

Dahitman44

My 4 month old yellow lab has an injury on his back. It looks like he got caught on something like a fence. His skin is peeled back a little bit and some pink skin is showing.

Is this a big deal? How will I know if it is a big deal?

This happened a couple of days ago. When should he see a vet about it?

Thanks

I learned the hard way that if there is a question in your mind about bringing your dog to the vet...you should go.

If this gets infected on the weekend you will end up paying WAY more at the Vet ER than at your normal vet. Your dog could be in pain too. If this is more than a normal cut or scrape obtained hunting or playing I suggest going and getting checked out today.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Definitely get your pup to the vet as soon as possible. Their fees really aren't that bad for the peace of mind you get.

Your pup will likely be just fine but why chance a problem cropping up with one of your new best buddies.

If you want a definite answer and peace of mind you should probably go to the vet. My GWP has gotten caught on a fence a couple of times and tore the skin. I talked to my vet and his advise was to keep it clean with peroxide and if it looks like it is getting infected, then bring her in. It heeled up fine without a trip to the vet, but she does have a nice scar. Just my experience for you to consider.