• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slurpie tubes by northland

Fishin13

I have tried them this year and have had limited success. The time they worked for me the fish were pre-spawn and would hit almost anything. The Powerbaits outfished the Slurpies that day but the Slurpies outfished Exude. Their scent is anise and they have a nice profile. However, I have 2 gripes with the Slurpies.

1) The baits only come with 2 (or 3) Tube hooks in the package.

2) Rigging the baits is a little complicated and after a few fish the hole in the top of the bait get opened and the bait starts to loose the correct place on the hook.

They are descent baits and I have tried them from time to time this summer but I still go back to what works best for me...Power Tubes and Power Minnows. laugh.gif

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

The baits do rip very easily, but i can seem to get crappies to hit the orange ones when i cant get them to hit any other tubes i have, most likely cuz they are more realistic, and the water clarity is aboot 17 feet.

Try them dude, you won't be dissappionted! I wasn't sure at first, but I have taken them trough extreme testing this summer. They are with out a doubt the best crappie baits that I have tried in a long time! Swim tails have been the most effective, but just the regular tubes have been awesome too. Yes they tear, but any plastic bait that has seen some serious crappie action is going to be all ripped. I have never fished a plastic tube yet that has held up to crappie torture.

Have Fun Fishing Everyone!

It makes you wonder why no one has started making crappie tubes out of that plastic they use in the Cyberflexxx bass worms, the indestructible stuff.I have seen some small mister twister types like that, but no tubes as of yet.

I have been goofin with slurpies and the dang rock bass wont leave them alone. Either the rockbass took over my crappie spots or they love that Sauce in the Slurpies and arent letting the crappies get to the bait. Anyone know if Rockies and Crappies will hang out together? What do ya do when you get mostly rockies? Move I suppose?

Funny you say that. One day I was fishing and started catching quite a few Rock Bass. The Crappies were using the same piece of structure but seemed to be a little higher in the water column. If I went down too deep I would have a Rocky on right away. But if I held my bait higher off the bottom and twitched it a bit I was going to get a Crappie.

Both fish seemed to be keying on the same food source. Fortunately I was using a bait that resembled what they were eating, Power Minnows laugh.gif.

Good luck and keep searching. The Crappies arent very far away.

Corey Bechtold

If I am fishing with the 1/16 or the 1/32 oz. slurpie panfish tube it is on a slow retrieve as it isn't sinking fast. With and 1/8 oz swim shad I am retrieving it a little faster to get that tail to move, but it also depends on the mood that your crappies/sunnies are in. Often times just casting it out and keeping a tight line works real well for me. Another favorite of mine is to vertical jig them. I do alot of crappie fishing over 26+ feet of water here in the I Falls area and and 1/8 oz. jig with the pannie tube eased over it works well also. Hope this helps.

Good Luck Fishing and Have Fun! grin.gif

i do it on a slow hopping retrieve, and i seem to get the most of my bites as the tube is falling. I just watch my line very carefully, and if it twitches or stops falling set the hook and most of the time a fish is there.

I also like to cast them out and keep a tight line. The other night I vertical jigged them and that worked great. The crappies on this lake Im fishing are coming to the surface at dusk so you dont have to be down too far. In deeper water I like to put a shot a few feet up the line.