• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

He made it!

The_Duckslayer

I know that this is not the place to post this but this is where all of my "cyber friends" seem to hang out and dag nabbit I want to tell them. My family, especially my mom, worked hard at nominating my dad to the Minnesota State Baseball Hall of Fame. Well mom got a call from the director last night and my dad has been selected to go into the Minnesota State Baseball Hall of Fame!!! On his first round! They said that it was a very impressive nomination. You can never know how PROUD of that I am, and how proud I have always been of my dad. I sure as he11 miss him every day! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Quote:

very cool!!!! congrats to your family!!!

ok.. who was your dad?

Pat Schmitz. He played baseball in Springfield, Le Sueur, and St Peter. He actually started the team in St Peter because when we moved there from Springfield they had no team. He played a couple years in Le Sueur in the interim. He aslo started and coached both American Legion base ball and youth (Babe Ruth) baseball in St Peter. He played third base and one year he won the traveling batting trophy for his .454 batting average. He did a lot for baseball in that town and at the time of his death he was the manager for the Legion Team. He also served as the Commander of the Legion in St Peter and the Assistant fire chief there as well. If you ever drive through St Peter on a holiday and see the Avenue of Flags, 50 flags flying along the front of Minnesota Square (the big park right on HWY 169 in St Peter) my dad made that happen as well. He is sure missed by a lot of people in that town. Thanks for asking. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo