• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New arrows

Heres a pict I just took of 3 newly fletched arrows I made up. Iv'e always shot 4inch helical feathers with no complaints but im a tinkerer so I picked up some blazers and am very impressed. Never thought a 2 inch vane could stabalize an arrow yet alone a broadhead. Need to tune things a bit but they shoot my muzzys as good, just about 3 inches low at 20 yards though... dsc00442kz2.jpg

Looks to me like your about as good as your going to get.I have never shot the 2" vanes but I have heard only good about them.I just switched to the quick spin vanes but have not shot them yet.I hope my arrows hit as close as yours.

Thanks! I had the quickspins in my hand and the guy at the store talked me into trying the blazers. I have never heard a bad thing about the quick-spins other than they are not that durrable. I dont shoot single spots anymore as I ruin fletching and arrows regardless...

I keep thinking about a new bow but am shooting this Darton maverick too well. Probably hunt this season with it then the itch will get too great in the off season...

Deitz - That was at 20 yards. I practice out to 40 yards but prefer to shoot em at about 12 yards. Archery to me is a close game. I have taken about 2 dozen deer and only one was over 20 yards, 22yds to be exact, lol...

HitMan - Yep a new block is in dire need. That one has seen thousands of shot the past few years. She will be retired after this season...