• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Airgun advice...

it'll go through close to 3/4 " of plywood....just break through the far side.......at least for awhile.then as you keep hitting the same spot over and over.it'll chew up the wood and go right through.i made a pellet trap box out of steel a few years ago...1/8 thick about 3'x3'...lined it with scrap 2"x10"s 5 deep and used that for a stop.....just changed boards as they got chewed up......worked quite well......lot of people think a air rifle is akind of a toy type thing and don't take the power from these things seriously...I wouldn't want to get hit by one that's for sure! shocked.gifit'll do alot more damage then "knock your eye out" tongue.gifjonny

Deitz,

I was wondering why you selected the Remington rifle if you'd care to share. You mentioned you were looking at Gamo rifles as well. I'm wondering if you found an interesting comparison on the internet. I've been internet searching as well...

G-Man... I read a ton of reviews.. and probably would have bought the Gamo Silver Shadow Supreme had I had the chance.. I had the Winchester 1000X and it gave me nothing but trouble so I returned it to Gander Mtn.. they only gave me store credit(which I was very happy they even gave me that.) and they only had the Remington Genesis as an option to what I considered quality. They had a lower end Gamo, not the one I was looking for.

I read very few reviews that had anything bad to say about the Gamo... and to be honest.. I may buy one of them as well(my mom and dad were up at the cabin with me and had a good time target shooting.. so now mom wants a nice one to keep at the cabin 8-)... However, again, way impresed with the Remington!!!

I'm still investigating mostly via the internet, catalogs and some word of mouth. I'm gonna head to gamefair one of the next two weekends and see if I can find any information there as well.