• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mama Woodduck w/babies

buzzsaw

I was out on Tonka Sunday morning and came across a family of Woodducks, they were very content staying on this log as I snapped away. I wish I could say the same for the other birds/ducks I came across. camera0nv.gif

woodiewbabies28be.jpg

Mike,

In my "nobody else likes it or agrees with it opinion" that is the sharpest, clearest, cleanest, photo you've ever posted. Very nice. Even the composition is great. I think your'e starting to get the hang of this--you've learned in 1 1/2 years what it took me 6 years to learn with film--isn't digital awesome.

Thanks Tom, I learned some things first hand with you and Bill (Hobby) and other things through posts and trial and error. I try to put myself in situations where I can maximize any potential photo and got lucky here I guess. I also took a long look at my post processing and purchased an incredible Photoshop Elements 4.0 book (Scott Kelby) and have since tweaked everything I did in the process of "after the pic has been taken" I took your advice on the "save for web" and save all at "Maximize" and I used to have the "reduce noise" bar slid too high and unknown to me it was blurring alot of images... didn't know it could do that. I also have learned what levels of sharpness/USM (Threshold) I should be using for different types of pictures and so on....I am having the woodduck picture blown up poster size and putting it in my basement.

P.S. I started doing this photo hobby in December 2005... only 8 months ago. grin.giftongue.gif