• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Okuma Ultra-light Reels

Spinner1

Anyone have any complaints with their ultra-light Okuma spinning reels? They appear to be an excellent value. I have just about decided on the Okuma Inspira IA-10. I want a very light, aluminum framed reel, that is very smooth with a high quality drag. The Okuma Inspira is about $75 which fits my budget.

I looked at the Shimano, but their ultra-lights have graphite bodies in this price range. (Symetre, Sahara etc)

I just baught one last spring, I don't know it it is the same one you are looking at but it has 10 ball berings. It was on sale for $30 reg $50, so I thought I would replace my 10 year old ul reel. I like the reel alot. I am usually exclusivly a shimano spinning reel, and this one feel nice like a shimano does.

Have been using Okuma for quite a few years now, started with their line counter reel for leadcore fishing. Have 4 different reels from them. The Inspira I have is one size up from the one you are referring to and I would easily purchase another one when I have to replace or add to my "collection". Excellent value, smoooooth, one of the better buys for the money. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks guys. I was just looking for a couple more votes. I can't find anything bad about Okuma. I think I;ll get the Inspira. BigMusk, sounds like you might have the Epixor, or similar model.

I purchased 2 Okuma line counter reels and have had problems with both over the past year. I can not find anyone to service these. I would factor this in when deciding on your purchase.

Styx

I would do my own repairs. I disassemble my reels to clean and lube them anyway, so I know I am capable. I am assuming of course that parts are available through Okuma? I better investigate that.