• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clamatis Slips

LoonASea

We have clamatis plants along the fence bordering our pool ,,a friend wants some slips/cutting to plant at his house ,,does one take slips/cutting that dont have blooms on them or will any slip/cutting work with the proper care,,I do have some Schultz "Take Root" powder that I plan to use ,,but Im looking for any help that may help me prevent killing my chances of sucessfull transplanting

Thanks In Advance

Randoid

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

With Clematis it's can easier to just take the seeds produced from where the flower and give those to your friend. The seeds are similar to dandelion or cottonwood seeds designed to float on the breeze.

Besides the seeds, Can't you break up the roots as a way to transplant it or at least split it. Will that work? Curious myself as I would like to split acouple of them that I have.