• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I think adding a biking section is a great idea. There is a trail that i guess goes from Eagan to Mankato along the MN River. Last week I dropped my canoes off in carver and drove back to Shakopee where I jumped on the bike trail back to carver. Once I arrived back in carver I put the bike in the canoe and floated back to the car via the river. It was a lot of fun and good workout. I really wanted to have started biking in the Bloomington or Burnsville. The problem I have is getting from the “Wikie unit” (where 169 crosses the MN river) to Shakopee. Anyone know where the trail goes? Does is go north of valley fair. I know there is an entrance from 101 and Stagecoach but I didn’t see a trail heading west at all. If anyone knows I would really appreciate it.

MNBrewer,

Sorry I can't help you with info on the trail as I'm down in Rochester, but you might want to stop in at Penn Cycle in Burnsville. They may be able to help you out with that, and hopefully they would have a map of the Twin Cities trail system.

Andy

Couple of points/questions.

Doesn't the trail "end" between Shakopee and Chaska due to the lack of a bridge. The last time I rode my bike down there I couldn't go any further than the river.

I heard that a new one was going to be constructed....has it?

I don't know exactly where, but the trail turns to earth at some point before Jordan. I have tried riding the trail upstream from Jordan, and while it's possible, it's not an easy task due to all the sand.

So while there is a trail there, I wouldn't exactly call it a bike trail....more like a hiking trail.

Yes the trail is closed at CO RD 41 in chaska. When I rode the trail I risked it and hauled butt across the 41 bridge. I am most curious about the trail going west from stagecoach and 101. Sorry it took me so long to respond I have been up north for the holiday. Thanks for any help you guys can give me. I REALLY appreciate it. Good trails and fishing to all