• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

West coast variety (pics included)

I've been on the west coast all week so here are a few variety photos..

This is Mt. Hood in Oregon looking south.

77271486-L.jpg

Multnomah Falls, second highest falls in the states. This is from the lower falls, the upper high falls is at the top of the photo.

77271651-L.jpg

River Sturgeon found at the fish hatchery located at the Bonnville Dam on the Columbia River. This guy was around 7' long, sorry for the aquarium shot, but I don't have a good water housing for my camera.

77271291-L.jpg

The main bulk of my shooting, around 400 shots, of kite boarders and wind surfers at Mt. Hood Oregon, the wind surfing capital in the states. There is a nearly constant 25 mph wind blowing against the strong current of the Columbia River. When the wind really blows, you can walk on the river with all the surfers and boarders.

These guys get 30' to 50' in the air.

77273311-L.jpg

Major air on this one, he actually was doing flips, I got a number of shots, none that I thought were sharp enough.

77273601-L.jpg

And we can't forget the wind surfers.

77276783-L.jpg

77276514-L.jpg

Quote:

I assumed he was on Mt. Hood and looking south to the mountain in the pic, not that he was taking a pic of Mt. Hood.

Nope, you are looking at Mt. Hood, I was at about 25,000' just north of Mt. Hood over the Columbia River and descending into Portland from the best seat in the house, the left front seat. Free aerial photography grin.gif I actually have a whole series of these shots as I flew along with a different perspective and peaks in sight.

Data on the shot for any aspiring aerial photographers;

ISO 200

F 11.0 and 1/400s

39mm with a 24-135 lens (good for aerial work, another reason I bought it.)

+ 1/3 exposure compensation, shot at 7:35pm looking south.

PP included USM with my secret haze reduction settings, slight increase in saturation and run through Noise Ninja. Shoot in RAW converted to JPEG for the web.

And a view of Mt. Hood from the ground with a panoramic shot. Low res, just stitched two together to get the whole mountain in.

77568827-L.jpg

Thanks for posting those pic Dbl. I've been out that way visiting family a number of times and this brings back memories. I really appreciate the hatchery pic as that was/is always my favorite stop.

Thanks Tonka Boy, the hatchery is one of the coolest places I have seen. What beautiful grounds with all the flowers and all the fish ponds.