• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

a new colorpoint?

Scoot

Question

Rumor has it that Zercom is coming out with a new version of the colorpoint flasher that is superior to the old one. The rumor I heard said that it will be a more reliable unit (translation: half of them won't have to be returned this time) an will pick up NO INTERFERENCE from any other unit.
Is this all just a nasty rumor? It sounds too good to be true to me. Has anyone else caught wind of this rumor too?

2 answers to this question

Scoot,

I just talked with Zercom a couple days ago and the factory rep indicated that they are looking at building another one "some day" but it is not anything they are going to do for a while.

They did admitt that they have had a "lot" of problems with the some of the color points that they have put out and that is why they are discontinuing them at this time. Supposedly they are making 1,200 more units to fill an order they have but that would be all they anticipate on building.

I have two of the color points and as long as the batteries are charged they work well. Problem I have had with these units is that I needed 3 more and could not get them. So I have made the big switch this year.

Jeff Beckwith
Scenic Tackle and Guide Service
[email protected]

I have a hard time understanding the problem with Zercom? It is nearly impossible to get any accessories for there units. There marketing practices are non existant, and the fact that they are a subsidiary of Hummingbird these problems should'nt arise.
I have a Clearwater Classic and I like the unit and have had no problems with it ,however, I broke the transducer arm and I cant locate one anywhere. I spoke with one of their reps at the ice fihing show in St Paul and asked about 5 different questions to which I received 0 answers. I got the rehersed company response "well we just cant get anything from our parent company, but that will change soon" well I was told this same stuff at the previous show. So my position is I made an arm myself and when my unit goes belly up Ill have to look at the Vexlar product even though I like the lcd sreen and the good separation of Zercom. It just dont make any sense to purchase merchandise from a company that may not be around in the future.