• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

self propelled mower stopped 'propelling'

Bigbartguy

hi folks

my self propelled cabin mower has stopped 'propelling' and the front wheels seem locked if I try to push it forward. Of course, this makes it impossible to use!

When I'm up for 10 days over the 4th of July I'd like to try to get this working. I havent had a chance to look at it yet, but anyone that has any tips would be greatly appreciated. The mower is only a few years old. I'm unsure of the brand however.

thanks for any help you can offer,

Tim

Check the belt that drives the front wheels, I had a mower do this to me a few years ago and the belt had just come off. I put it back on and I was in business. Someone else may have more specific advice...good luck.

Same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I hoped it was the belt, but noooooo. It's was the drive train. Cost me $85 to have a new one put in. If the belt is ok, check the drive control cable for a break or for it being out of adjustment. If, after resetting the drive cable, it still doesn't pull, then it's the drive train.