• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bugs-n-blooms

on vacation grin.gif......spent the day in the sticks!.......was nice just seeing the area bloom with all the colors of summer!...they say it''s just a weed(orange hawkweed)...but it's gotta be one of natures better ones!...here's a few from today...jonny grin.gif

"longhorn beetle"(lepturinae)..looked neat on this ox-eye daisy!

copy2-1copy.jpg

orange and yellow hawkweed

june15th002-1copy.jpg

"northern crescent"

DSCF1404-1copy.jpg

"pink shinleaf"

june15th024-1.jpg

"canada anemone"

june15th020-2copy.jpg

Beautiful shots jonny, I too could not resist shooting that noxious weed, Orange Hawkweed, I must have taken 50 shots of them. The colors are compelling. I really like that low shot of them, very nice. The northland has a wonderful variety of wild plants that is really a photographers dream. I shot just over 20 different flowering plants in 3 days on the North Shore, and those were the ones that were plainly obvious.

And up here, where hawkweed often are interspersed with ox-eye daisy, they present a fine exposure challenge, capturing it just right so the deep orange isn't too underexposed while still retaining some data in the blazing white daisy petals. Definitely NOT your sunny day exercise.

thanks guys.....I agree Steve...these images were taken on a "somewhat" overcast morning.......hazed over abit....better then full sunlight for some situations....................Dbl..I've certainly noticed the different species of flowers myself as I've taken the camera along on my "treks" into the woods...years ago I would never have noticed them...now...with the camera long...I pay "much" closer attention to detail and try to notice any minut(sp) color or flower that may catch my eye...always looking and searching for that unusual or overlooked species of flower ....digital photography has certainly sharpened my "outdoor" skills and awareness of my surroundings....I see things I would have passed by years ago.......makes me look "twice" at things now.....jonny grin.gif

Quote:

thanks guys.....I agree Steve...these images were taken on a "somewhat" overcast morning.......hazed over abit....better then full sunlight for some situations....................Dbl..I've certainly noticed the different species of flowers myself as I've taken the camera along on my "treks" into the woods...years ago I would never have noticed them...now...with the camera long...I pay "much" closer attention to detail and try to notice any minut(sp) color or flower that may catch my eye...always looking and searching for that unusual or overlooked species of flower ....digital photography has certainly sharpened my "outdoor" skills and awareness of my surroundings....I see things I would have passed by years ago.......makes me look "twice" at things now.....jonny
grin.gif

That is the truth. I have never considered myself to be a "flower" guy shooting film, but digital has changed how I observe my surroundings. I think the fact you are not limited to 36 exposures, worry about developing, etc., gives you a whole new freedom. The ability to shoot away with no restrictions certainly opens up a whole new world.