• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Oriole Feeder

Tom Wilson

I picked up two three way Oriole feeders from the local fleet store. I had trouble finding them, as I used to own one, but someone shot it with a BB gun. Anyways, I found them again, and boy they do like them. I also tried some of the premanufactured (powder) Oriole nectar. They have not left them alone since the day I hung them. I don't know if they would work for everyone, but they sure do like them around here. They are also not very expensive--around ten bucks. I don't have a photo of the whole thing, but I will post one soon. I do have a nice photo though of one of the visiting royalty.

d2x0092copy7ap.jpg

Quote:

I do have a nice photo though of one of the visiting royalty.

That is a nice photo. My folks have that same feeder and it also seems to attract a lot of visiting royalty.

It's hard to believe they are a member of the blackbird family!!

Grape jelly brings them in 10 fold compared to any sugar water feeder at my house and they make these small clear plastic feeders at Wild birds unlimited for their (APS) Advanced Pole system, so it may look a bit nicer to some, me included and is much easier to hide if you want to get a natural shot with no part of the feeder showing. I've counted four nesting pairs so far this year, which is down from last years banner year... can't wait for all the babies to start showing up religiously very soon. I dressed all of my feeders up with Lilac flowers and other shrubs when they were in bloom to get that more natural shot if you will while they were in transit to the Grape treat. The down side of the APS is that is isn't your bargain feeder, but you definitely get what you pay for. wink.gif

Keep posting those pretty bird pics Tom.

Beautiful as always Tom! With the nice variety of images you post, I'm beginning to believe your backyard must be bird heaven. But, things are as we make them. I always check your posts immediately as I know that you'll have another fantastic image for our viewing pleasure. Keep 'em coming.