• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is anyone having any luck at Saylorville or Big Creek Lakes? If so, what are biting? I have a week of vacation next week and I was thinking of fishing one of these lakes (or any other lake within an hour of the Des Moines area) with my three sons. They are all under 11 so I am hoping for some fast action from something (anything) to hold their attention. I would like to catch some decent fish if possible. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Tight lines! Thanks

Walleye,

Welcome to the Iowa forum.

If you are going out this next week I have heard that the Crappies are really going right know at the Base of the spillway coming out of Big Creek on Saylorville. Also in the Marina area has been good. Big Creek has been fairly slow again this year. Last year also. They are having some issues with the water and alge blooms. Red Rock could be an option also.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

wink.gif