• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Fishing

We are planning a family trip out to the Rocky Mountains and West of there a ways. I was thinking of doing some fishing while we were there. Would you recommend using a fly rod or doesn't it matter too much. I have never tried fly fishing so this might be a good time to learn. Does anyone have any recommendations for websites with valuable information for fishing in colorado.

Thanks

Oh Jim Bob we finally got some activity, don't send him over to (" the other web site") just kiddin...

welcome mnwild14, bring that fly rod and you light spinning rod. Plenty of fishing for all out here. I'm from Mn. and I know form experience U'll fit right in. You can learn to fly fish out here! Or use you small spinners, flashy lures, etc. trout love em! write back.....Mikinaak cool.gif

I will be out in lakewood next week visiting relitives. Then we are going down to durango-silverton ? area. there pretty big in to fishing. anyway they said that thy were going to try to teach me to fly fishing. I wish them luck!!

Thanks for the information, I think I will bring both and try some fly fishing on the trip. I'm guessing it will be best to buy some flies at a bait shop in the area I will be fishing.

Are you going to Silverthorn, East of Denver. We will be there for a few days on our trip in July.