• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hello everyone, I have a 9 year old son that that is a good stick when it comes to bass fishing. I was wondering if anyone knows of any father/son tournies?

Thanks

WMBL, I don't know of any father/son tourneys, but if you read the rules of many tournaments most will read. One participant must be over 18 years old.

Check out the Fishers of Men Tourney trail . I was at the wieght-in on Clearwater yesterday and two father/son teams cashed a check. They give both team members a check, it was fun to see those kids walk up with their dads to recieve thier check. However this may be a little expensive for beginners.

This may be more your speed for the time being. You may want to get a hold of West metro bass league. They may have an opening next year and this would be a great way to introduce your son to tourney fishing. Email me and I'll give you his contact info [email protected]

Not totally true about the over 18 thing.

Most that I know of anyone can fish it as long as your parent or guardian give you a signature or fishes it with you.

I also did a few tournaments before I was 18. They were fun then and still are now!

You might want to keep you eye out next year for the Fishers of Mens' "Legacy Series" Tournaments which are for adult/junior teams. This is something new that Fishers of Men is trying and I was told that there is a pretty good chance that there would be a couple of tournaments in Minnesota next year. If so, I will be probably trying it myself.