• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

eating carp

if your looking to smoke them your self theres lots of recipes on here and the web. but watch what wood you use . stay away from treated lumber and loy wood and chip board. most meat markets that process meat smoke fish for people, the by me charges a 1.00 a pound, which is'nt to bad. but it is really good if it is smoked right.

I'd like to smoke em but I can't ever figure out how to keep em lit! ...but seriously you guys think they taste good? I don't have any recipes to suggest but maybe just section out the next fish you get and try it different ways (deep fry, pan fry, bake, grill, smoke, etc.) and see which YOU prefer. I'm anxious to see what the preferred method of preparing a carp is.

I caught a carp when I was young. My dad wanted to throw it in the woods, but I woudldn't let him, so they cleaned it up, and fried it. I ate a bite, and that was it. From what I remember it was quite slimy.

I had smoked carp a few years back after hearing how good quite a few people told me it was. I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe it is an acquired taste. confused.gif

Carp are fun to catch, but that's all for me.