• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Catherine

hey fa

i haven't fished the lake in awhile, as i live in california now. i acctually worked for the winnebago county conservation board years ago and got familiar with that lake.

i used to have luck with spinnerbaits off the beachlike area near the learning center. let them sink and bump bottom you should get some decent bass that way. the boat ramp is a good spot to bottom fish for cats. there are some really good ones in there. you can also get good gills out there during open water or ice. i like to ice fish that lake, it is usually out of the wind.

good luck.

oh yea,

thorpe is a really good place to duck and pheasant hunt too. just don't shoot a sawn grin.gif

i got a phesant double just inside the gate one day. for public land, it doesn't recieve alot of pressure, specially for ducks. you just have to be 300 yards from buildings, and off of lake catherine. the smaller ponds always have ducks. i belive there is a turkey population now a days. we used to only have one hen when i worked there. but 5 years ago ,before i moved, i scared up a good sized clutch of chicks while walking the trails.