• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pond fishing

It has been red hot in southern IA. just like the weather has been.My son Dalton and troutsrus and I hit acouple of good ponds.Fish where spawning lots of good gill action.we caught 100s of them.I kept50 for family fish fry and inlaws too.Used tube jigs and waxes.On altra lites what a blast any color will work .Heading back down Thursday for 5 days of fishing and just kicking back and resting.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

Is the bite still on? I'm hoping to get down to Audubon this coming week and give a farm pond a try. Hopefully get into some nice sized blue gills and some big bass!

Bluegill could be caught all day on nightcrawlers. Bass were hammering "The Worm" (black with yellow tail). Two bass over 20", both released. Only 1 crappie was landed. All-in-all a nice day out on the pond. A bit windy, but it was great to get out fishing again!

rowshow the bite is still going on,I am going back down in the morning for 7 days.All I ever use is tube jigs 1/32 to 1/8 weight.Just about any color works.crappie were biting on black or white with glitter tube 1inch size.ICE JOHN CHUB KING blush.gif

went out to the ponds here for a while this morning. nothing going on panfish.( but only tried a couple of things) swiched to bass , using a senko weightless.( usually a very good option there!!) only had one hit on that!about a 1 1/2 lb. that was it, but a nice morning.

delmuts sounds like I should haul you south to some real ponds.Wife and I going Wed. if no rain down there.Still waiting to go fishing with you.Who knows I might try BASS fishing hmmmmm NOT JK see you on the water.ICE JOHN CHUB KING OF THE WORLD blush.gif

i fished a local pond yesturday morning. no crappies, but did have good luck on some nice gils. the trick to getting them was to fish something( jig,beetlespin, or hook with a wax worm) just above the submerged weeds .( these were in 7 ft. of water)

heading south this weekend to do some guiding for some ICEHEADS.Should be fun .Gills have just started to bite real good.Hope to get into some crappie too.Seen a nice bunch caught by guys in a boat on one of the ponds I fish alot.Will report when I get back.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD blush.gif

Oct.13 to 16 Ponds were red hot the weather sucked.Lots of wind and some rain.But the 5 of us got into the crappie big time.Lots of slabs got them waxies and tube jigs.Gills were out standing too lots of bulls.The 4 guys I guided are die hard iceheads like me.Heading back to camper Thursday with wife for 4 more days.Now is the time to hit some ponds for the per ice bite.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD blush.gif